Football...

I'm a football coach of a great football team, full of great football players that want to play football on the football field.

Thursday, October 5, 2017

Football Is Life....and Vice Versa

Wow. It's been a long time since I got back on the blogging horse. Since my last post, I have taken exactly two days off. The season never stops, folks...never.

One of my vacation days was to see the wedding of my beloved daughter, Angie. I can't believe she's grown up from the little girl I used to watch football with to the mature, smart, well-adjusted bride that made sure her wedding date didn't conflict with the beginning of rookie camp.

Her husband (I think his name is Rick) seems to be a nice enough fellow with a firm handshake. I, also, believe he is a member of an organization of some sort. Real estate agency comes to mind....Don't quote me on that.

The second day-off was for last year's Christmas Eve. I invited some of my players to the house  - much to the delight of my wife. She couldn't have been more hospitable to them!

Name another woman who would run back out to the store, grab another $450 worth of groceries, battle last-minute shoppers, get back in her car and drive the two miles back just to cook another entire meal for ten 300-pound men? My wife, Constance, that's who!

When I complained about the second turkey being a bit dry, she didn't even blink! I mean....literally, she didn't blink....just stared at me for 48 seconds. What a trooper!

So, the season is underway and I have a few seconds before I go through game plans with my coaching staff. It's always somethin'.

Sadly, we had to fire one of our assistants, Jared, for missing too much time. It's not easy for me to let someone go after they've undergone major surgery, but, two weeks is a long time to be missing prep work and we had a conference game coming up. Godspeed, Jared!

All right...until next time, remember. Football is life and vice versa. Chat soon.

Peace and gravy.
Coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment