Football...

I'm a football coach of a great football team, full of great football players that want to play football on the football field.

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

A Season to be Thankful

Some members of the media have asked me how I'll be celebrating Thanksgiving this year, so, I thought I'd share. 

First, I'll wake up and check out some game film from last week. That's usually from 6am to around 9am. I'll gather my notes, call my assistant coaches in for a 9am meeting at the facility to review and augment our game plan for our next opponent. 

After that meeting, which usually runs us to around noon, I'll send out for lunch. This year, we'll probably grab a sandwich and work through lunch. I'm a firm believer in the 'working lunch'. No time for dilly-dally, gentlemen. 

Around 1pm, we'll take a quick break to call our families and wish them a happy Thanksgiving (because, when you think about it, family is 'the reason we do what we do', right?)

At 1:03pm, we'll go back to the film room and re-evaluate our game plan and discuss ways that we can better execute our plan. This will usually take us into the evening hours. 

Around 7pm, we take a dinner break. I'll pop in some microwave pizza rolls and snag a six pack of 7-Up from my office fridge. My assistant coaches are allowed to leave the facility and go spend time with their families (because that's what it's 'all about', right?). 

I'll usually wrap up my Thanksgiving by typing up my notes from the day and returning home around 9pm. I'll help myself to leftovers and probably see if my wife had a nice time with family (because, really, that's 'the most important thing', right?). 

So, happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you spend quality time with you and yours. Because, that's the most important thing and what it's all about and why we do what we do.....right?

On Jackals!
Coach 


No comments:

Post a Comment